- This event has passed.
Measuring Circularity: Why the Life Cycle Assessment is Not the Right Tool
October 23, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
This one-hour webinar will be held on October 23 at 1pm ET.
It will examine circular economy metrics for those interested in circular materials or are working within sustainability. It will explore other tools outside of the traditional life cycle assessment tool to properly and efficiently assess the environmental impacts of a product across its life cycle.
But measuring circularity across supply chains — and in a way that is readily accessible to companies at various stages of circularity development — requires different thinking and tools and this webinar will run through UL’s Circularity Facts program, which enables the combination of site and product data for an integrated measurement of enterprise circularity, all based on measurements that many companies are already using, and without the extensive data collection effort required by LCA.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How focusing on material flows at the product and site level can help us understand the circularity of supply chains and local economies
- How making materials flows or material efficiency visible can eliminate material loss and certain negative externalities of the current linear economic model
- The 10 ways to measure product-level circularity
- The difference between how circularity is measured at the site level compared to how waste diversion is measured
- How circularity measurement may continue to evolve in the future
To register, click here.
- October 23, 2018
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- circular economy training, circular economy webinar, circularity facts program, Life cycle assessment, life cycle assessment tool, sustainability tools