- This event has passed.
LEGACY Responsible Fashion Summit 13 & 14 March 2019
March 13, 2019 - March 14, 2019
Organised by consultancy Ndless:The New Normal in partnership with The Australian Fashion Council and Fashion Revolution Australia, the LEGACY Responsible Fashion Summit is an industry event that aims to dive deep into apparel supply chains, address the social and environmental challenges facing the industry and arm fashion brands and retailers with practical solutions to implement in their businesses.
This two-day event will be held on March 13 and 14 in Surry Hills from 8:30am – 5:30pm.
It will feature an expert lineup of speakers, panellists and innovators from across the industry. There will be a series of keynote presentations, expert panel conversations and interactive breakout sessions.
Speakers: Kit Willow of KITX, Lizzy Abegg of Spell & The Gypsy Collective, Lucy King, Sustainability Manager at Country Road Group & David Jones Limited, Clare Press, Sustainability Editor at Vogue Australia, Courtney Sanders, co-founder of Well Made Clothes, Andrew Cuccurullo of Waverley Mills, Dean Jones, co-founder of GlamCorner, Jaana Quaintance-James, Head of Sustainability & Ethical Sourcing at The Iconic, Bryce Alton, CEO of Nudie Jeans Co Australia, Martin Rice, Acting CEO and Head of Research of The Climate Council and many more.
Among the topics that will be covered at the two-day summit:
- Responsible materials sourcing
- Sustainable fibres
- Circular economy and designing with circularity
- Worker empowerment
- New business models shaping the future of fashion
- On-shoring and the revival of Australian made
- Sustaining traditional artisan communities through genuine brand partnerships
- Climate change
- Managing hazardous substances
- Developing a best practice ethical sourcing programme
- Introduction to Sedex and SMETA
- Sustainability storytelling and communicating value
- Navigating certifications and determining credible standards
- Retail packaging obligations
- Overview of how to read a social audit
- Introduction to Textile Exchange
- Decarbonising supply chains and much more…
General admission price is $350 until midnight 22nd Feb but we’re excited to announce that the event organisers are offering EWP readers an exclusive discount!
- March 13, 2019
- March 14, 2019
- Event Categories:
- Conferences, Events
- Event Tags:
- eco fashion events sydney, ethical fashion events australia, legacy eco fashion summit, Legacy responsible fashion summit, sustainable fashion events sydney, sustainable fashion industry event australia