- This event has passed.
Australian Circular Fashion Conference (ACFC) 2019
March 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:15 pm
The annual Australian Circular Fashion Conference (ACFC) is Australasia’s leading sustainability-focussed fashion business event. The aim of the conference is to encourage key stakeholders in the industry to join forces to build economically viable means to practice sustainable and circular manufacturing practices.
The ACFC Conference made its successful debut in Sydney in 2018 (we were there, this fashion industry event delivered news on the latest in innovation and pioneering industry practice, was knowledge expert packed and networking with the who’s who was also electrifying!) and this year promises to be even bigger, with the 2019 event to be held in Melbourne.
Over 500 business leaders and sustainability consultants and experts from some of Australia and New Zealand’s largest multinational companies are expected to attend including United Nations Global Compact, Lenzing, Workwear Group, Wesfarmers, Cotton On, Spell & The Gypsy Collective, Sustainable Apparel Coalition and more.
This year’s conference features esteemed international speakers including:
- Professor Becky Early, MISTRA Future Fashion and London Chelsea College of Art
- Megan Meiklejohn, Eileen Fisher (New York)
- Celine DeCarlo, Mara Hoffman (New York)
- Brook Summers, Cotton Australia
- Elin Larsson, Filippa K (Stockholm),
- Giusy Bettoni, CLASS Eco Hub (Milan),
- Ollie Milliner and Manu Rastogi, Kathmandu (New Zealand),
- Fanny Moizant, Vestiaire Collective (Hong Kong)
- Christian Dreszig, Bluesign (Switzerland).
Following the one-day conference, tickets holders will be invited to attend an exclusive workshop day run by our international speakers. Limited to 80 participants, those attending will join with these professionals to brainstorm ideas for a “circular fashion” business model and how to use innovative recycling practices to reduce residual waste.
Here’s what ACFC attendees will gain from attending:
- Insights into an actionable agenda to facilitate change within their own organisations
- An economic industry, invite-only, dinner, hosted the evening before the conference
- Witness powerful keynote presentations that will inspire action
- Learn the latest in academic innovation, bridging universities and industry
- Access 6 powerful workshops facility by international speakers and sustainable fashion experts
- Learn and network with 500 industry delegates
- Begin planning an executive learning agenda
ACFC Conference details:
Date: March 21st, 2019
Time: 9am-5:15pm, registration open 8.00am with breaks for refreshments and lunch through the day.
Ticketing: Early Bird SAVE $50 on all tickets until 31st Jan. Standard full price $290, VIP $390, Platinum $410 (plus 30c fee per ticket purchase)
We’re thrilled to announce our partnership with ACFC and we’re offering Eco Warrior Princess readers 15% discount off ticket purchases, just use the code ACFC_EWP2019 at checkout. (We’d love if you used our code as we make a small commission which helps us cover our rising operating costs and helps us pay our global team of writers so we can continue doing good work!)
To learn more, visit the ACFC website http://bit.ly/ACFC-X-EWP