When you buy through our links, we may earn fees from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Barcelona-based brand L’Autre Sac has just launched a minimalist bag like no other. The world’s first vegan bag made from a Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) resin sourced from recycled car glass (yes you read that right), the heavy-duty material looks and feels like real leather but without the animal suffering.
According to the business, every Rosa Bag is made from one pound of recycled car glass sourced from landfills. By upcycling existing materials rather than using raw materials, each bag saves 9.7 gallons of water and contributes little carbon emissions.
Handmade in a workshop in Spain using traditional techniques, the Rosa Bag is designed for versatility and effortless chic. The perfect everyday bag, its internal compartments and clever design means easy access to essentials such as car keys and mobile phone. You can also wear it as a crossbody bag, backpack or shoulder bag. It’s timeless design means that it will look as stylish in the future as it does today.
Crafted with durability in mind, this functional vegan bag has a carrying capacity of 20 pounds and is also waterproof, stain-resistant and scratch-resistant.
The brand also donates 10% of its profits to empower young women in Bogota, Colombia by helping them access to education programs that develop leadership skills.
Available in three classic colours, cognac, black and grey, the Rosa Bag is now available for purchase on Indiegogo. Be one of the first backers and not only will you get 29% off the original price (US$169 down from $239), but you’ll also be one of the first customers to receive the bag when it is shipped in May.
To learn more or to back this sustainable bag, visit the crowdfunding campaign here.
- Fashion Made From Food Waste: From Banana Silk To Flax Linen
- Get Educated With These Free Sustainable Fashion and Ethical Business Online Courses
- 4 Must-See Short Online Films on The Topic of Fast Fashion
- 32 Thought-Provoking Quotes About Ethical, Sustainable and Fast Fashion
- Sustainable Lifestyle Brand Ettitude Launches Range of Vegan-Friendly Duvets and Pillows
- Stay Stylish in Vegan Knitwear: Cruelty-Free Alternatives to Wool, Mohair, and Cashmere
All images via L’Autre Sac.