The virtual educational initiative by ‘Discover the SDGs’ to advance sustainability action in the fashion industry returns following a successful launch in December 2020.
Developed by Conscious Fashion Campaign led by founder Kerry Bannigan in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Partnerships, the second edition of the experience ‘Discover the Sustainable Development Goals – To Make Peace With Nature’ will run for the entire month of April.
Aiming to strengthen engagement from the global fashion sector to further support the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, Discover the SDGs is supported by non-profit organisations such as Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Fashion Revolution, Fashion Takes Action, WWF and 1% for the Planet. The on-demand virtual experience will showcase films, documentaries, reports, infographics and offer a plethora of resources focused on Sustainable Development Goal 13: Climate Action and the United Nations Secretary General’s 2021 priority to make peace with nature.
Discover the SDGs also aims to encourage the $2.4 trillion fashion industry to prepare for a net-zero emissions future and implement a fairer, more equitable supply chain.
“As the sector works towards a sustainable recovery, we must shift the focus to building the industry in a way that prioritizes worker’s rights and equitable use of the earth’s natural resources,” said Conscious Fashion Campaign founder Kerry Bannigan in a media release.
“The fashion industry needs to become more aware of its direct link and impact on environmental and social issues as it is an important ally in delivering the Sustainable Development Goals.”
As the fashion industry embarks on its recovery from COVID-19, it is crucial that sustainable practices and systemic change is prioritised across the value chain if the industry wants to move past its ethical and environmental
Discover the SDGs runs from April 1 – 30, 2021. Visit www.discoverthesdgs.com to learn more.
- A Guide to Free Online Courses on Sustainability, Ethical Fashion and Permaculture
- Sustainable Sneakers Are Trending – But What About Shoe Recycling?
- Q&A with Eric Dales, Co-Founder of Women’s Boho Label TAMGA Designs
- 6 Sustainable Fashion Trends to Watch Out For in 2021
- 14 Black-Owned Ethical and Sustainable Brands to Support
- H&M Launches In-Store Recycling System – But Does It Close the Loop?
- 11 Best Brands for Eco-Friendly, Cruelty-Free and Vegan Sneakers
- 10 Ethical Fashion Brands for Women’s Organic White T-Shirts
All images supplied.