Note: This letter was originally published in our weekly newsletter and is being republished here.
Plastic Free July is almost here and if you’re considering undertaking the challenge (encourage your family, friends and work colleagues to do it with you!) we’ve prepared a heap of posts on this subject matter to help you complete the plastic-free challenge successfully.
Check out these articles and essays if you’re looking to prepare for it and need guidance:
- Plastic-Free July: Will You Be Taking Plastic Off The Menu This Month?
- 20 Items That Should Be On Your Zero Waste List
- How to Transition to a Plastic-Free Lifestyle in Just 8 Simple Steps
- Plastic-Free Travel: 6 Simple Ways to Leave No Trace When Exploring the World
- Where to Shop Online For Sustainable, Plastic-Free and Zero Waste Products in Australia
- Educational Docos and Short Films About Plastic Pollution and Living Plastic-Free
- 5 Reasons Why I Failed Plastic Free July
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been watching, reading and listening to this week:
Podcast Shows / Films:
Identity Politics is Tearing Society Apart, Intelligence Squared
The internet has fragmented communities, proliferated fake news, distracted children and led to disengaged citizens. What happened to digital Utopia?, Big Ideas
Doughnut Economics by Kate Raworth (I still haven’t finished it so it remains on this list haha!)
Vegan Style by Sascha Camilli, the world’s first book devoted to vegan fashion and lifestyle
People / Accounts:
Plant Proof (founded by Simon J Hill), for plant-based inspiration and podcast
Deliciously Ella, for plant based lifestyle and meal inspiration, and cookbooks
Boohoo recycled range provokes scepticism,BBC
A family divesting from fossil fuels to invest in a green future,Forbes
Australian cities are declaring a ‘climate emergency’, but does that actually mean anything?, ABC News
Drilling the Great Australian Bight: Government says ‘no way’ Equinor – for now,The New Daily
And that’s a wrap. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Peace, love and all that jazz,
Jen xx (Editor-in-Chief)
Want to help your friends and family kickstart their plastic-free lifestyle? Make sure to pin and share this post!
Never miss our posts. Sign up for our weekly newsletter and receive our free sustainable lifestyle guide when you do.
- 16 Eco-Stylish Reusable Bags, Water Bottles, Coffee Cups and Other Zero Waste Essentials
- 10 Money-Saving Zero Waste Swaps for the Budget-Conscious
- 13 Minimalist, Zero Waste and Eco-Friendly Lifestyle Challenges If You’re Keen to Live More Sustainably
- How I Save Money By Going Zero Waste
- 101 Ethical, Eco-Friendly and Zero Waste Gift Ideas For Birthdays
- 5 Simple Tips To Create A Hassle-Free Zero Waste Kitchen
- 10 Affordable Eco-Friendly and Ethical Underwear Brands For Women and Men (USD $29 or Less)
Feature image via Etsy.