Boody‘s responsibly-made sleepwear gives you so many reasons not to get dressed. A socially and ecologically responsible brand, Boody is committed to providing customers the comfort and peace of mind they need. Its garments are made from organically grown bamboo (bamboo viscose), produced with fair labour, and in sweatshop-free factories. The range is stylish and soft, and can be worn as loungewear and downtime wear. Nightwear includes slips, shorts, camis, lounge pants and night dress. Each piece is minimal and timeless. Boody sleepwear range is priced from $29.95–$69.95. Browse the range here.
2. PactOne of the most affordable sustainable clothing brands on offer, Pact produces GOTS-certified organic, Fair-trade certified sustainable sleepwear for all– women, men, kids and babies. Its range of organic sleepwear are super comfy and budget-friendly too. Available in a range of basic colours, various prints and sizes, you’ll be sure to find eco-friendly nighties, sleep tees, drawstring pants and shorts to suit your bedtime needs. Pact sustainable sleepwear range is priced from US$15–$50. Browse the range here.
3. Sorella OrganicsFrom night slips and robes, nightshirts, pyjama sets, Sorella Organics provides sleepwear and loungewear for men and women. It caters to expectant mothers too. This brand sources certified organic and fair trade materials and manufactures its garments in Australia and Fiji. Free shipping on all Australian orders and free international shipping on all order over $100. For more details, check out their website.
4. MayamikoA lifestyle fashion brand, it creates limited edition of beautifully-cut African-inspired tees and tops, lingeries, sleepwear and loungewear that you’d like to wear all-day long. Fashion with a heart, Mayamiko believes that sustainable production should never compromise the quality of its contemporary line, but should add to its exquisiteness and value.
5. Bed ThreadsBed Threads has expanded its current sustainable sleepwear collection of robes and slips and have added tops and pants in the brand’s signature fabric, 100% French Flax Linen. The new sleepwear set features bell sleeves and deep v-neckline, loose silhouette and oversized styles for ultra comfort. The slouchy pants are wide leg with a drawstring tie waist. Versatile enough to wear as sleepwear, loungewear or mix and match to wear for a relaxed day out. Comes in a wonderful range of modern colours, you’ll find it difficult to choose!
6. ReformationKnown for its feminine silhouettes and on-trend collections, American cult sustainable label Reformation now has a beautiful collection of intimates and sleepwear for those seeking conscious style in the bedroom. From polka dot pajama sets to classic striped PJs made from eco-friendly lightweight satin-feel fabric such as 100% TENCEL™ Lyocell, you’ll go to bed without losing any sleep over these gorgeous, USA-made ethical PJs.
7. People TreeA sustainable clothing list wouldn’t be the same without People Tree, who were at the forefront of the ethical fashion industry having been founded by Safia Minney back in 2001. This brand is known for its sustainable and fair trade clothing but it also produces intimates and sleepwear. If you’re seeking night dresses, snug socks and pyjama sets made from Fair Trade certified organic cotton, the People Tree website is a great place to start.
8. Only HeartsAttracting “fashionistas” and the environmentally conscious alike, Only Hearts is dedicated towards attaining sustainability with flirty, sensuous sophistication. Its entire range is manufactured in New York City from local, headstock and certified made in green textiles. Seen on Hollywood starlets and IT girls alike, its intimate apparel is designed to be seen (“inner outerwear”). If you’re looking for something naughty and nice, check out Only Hearts. Noctu has created a line of luxury night and lounge wear inspired by nature and fair trade. Its signature 100% organic cotton collection is ideal for men, women and kids alike – making them all look “effortlessly elegant” and feel “indulgently comfortable.” Choose Noctu if you want sleepwear that doesn’t compromise ethics, beauty and quality. Disclosure: All prices are correct at time of publishing. This curated list does not fully take into account all the ethical considerations that are unique to each individual. Before making a purchase, we encourage you to do your own research paying special attention to the supply chain and your own particular set of ethics. This list also includes affiliate links. Click here to read more about our policies. [Never miss our posts. Sign up for our weekly newsletter and receive our free sustainable lifestyle guide when you do.] Recommending reading:
- 20 DIY Christmas Gift Ideas for Thoughtful Gift Givers
- From Art Workshops to Vegan Cooking Classes, These ‘Experiences’ Make Purposeful Xmas Gifts
- 10 Sustainable and Ethical Fashion Podcasts to Tune Into
- 5 Ethical Fashion Books Newbies Must Read
- 15 Cruelty-Free and Vegan Xmas Gifts For Eco Beauty Lovers
- GlobeIn Artisan Boxes: Stylish and Affordable Fair Trade, Ethical and Eco-Friendly Xmas Gifts